QA Chemistry Analyst
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for analytical testing of incoming raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods to assure that all materials meet specification limits prior to release of goods.
- Performs sampling, testing and data reporting to ensure finished products, intermediates, and raw materials conform to release specifications.
- Sample and proper status labeling of incoming Raw Materials
- Follows all site and laboratory safety policies. Follows written lab procedures, published standard methods or methods from compendial sources.
- Collects and analyzes data using appropriate methodologies, statistics, and computer software analyses.
- Performs scheduled instrument checks and calibrations.
- Assists in preparing, standardizing and labeling standard solutions.
- Maintains awareness of and complies with regulatory and cGMP requirements. Maintains accurate laboratory notebooks and other laboratory records.
- Troubleshoots basic instrument problems
- Utilize software programs for data collection and release documentation (ie: LIMs, GP, Excel, Office, etc)
- Author’s SOP and Work Instructions as assigned to support Quality Systems.
- Provides analytical support to experimental orders and plant trials
- Ensures compliance with Company and Government regulations
- Provide support to internal and external regarding quality related issues
- Supports the finished goods Sample Retention Program and the Stability Program
- Participates as a member of the Laboratory Team - constantly evaluating situations and making suggestions for reduction of expenditures, decreasing waste volumes, increasing efficiency.
- Promotes and supports continuous improvement activities. Assists in training activities, as needed.
- Other Duties As Assigned
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Meet the legal minimum age requirement.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to work all shifts
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Other Required Skills:
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail, planning and organizational skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- 2 plus years laboratory experience.
- Experience in the operation of analytical instrumentation and other lab equipment relevant to the job responsibilities.
- Proficient in lab instrument maintenance and troubleshooting with specific certification.
Job Status: Full Time