Project Manager Engineering Capital Projects
Duties: This position has the responsibility of assisting and implementing small scale capital projects and expense/repair projects in line with the strategic plan of the company as directed by Engineering Management. These projects could include the construction/renovation of facilities, installation of equipment, or implementation of new processes. Tasks include:
- Maintain project schedules, budgets, and goals as outlined by End Users, Steering Committee, and Management.
- Identify, define, evaluate, and select key and ad hoc project team members required to ensure project success.
- Communicate effectively with management, end users, project team members, supporting departments, and all project stakeholders.
- Provide routine reports to stakeholders to communicate progress. Participate in routine team meetings, provide meeting minutes, and use other forms of communication to ensure project team has required information.
- Research potential projects to determine feasibility of projects.
- Assists in development of user requirements and other project documents to ensure a consistent approach to project management.
- Manage project finances to assure most effective use of available funding. Track project finances to assist the Finance Department. Justify and initiate change orders.
- Coordinate project activities to minimize effect on production schedules, employee relocations, and personnel safety.
- Assist in the preparation of contract documents for purchase and/or construction purposes. Obtain quotations based on contract documents. Prepare purchase and appropriation requests as needed for project.
- Work with consulting firms used in design of projects. Assist in the review of contract documents produced by consulting firms to verify adherence to project scope and technical expectations. Manage project accounting for consultant contract.
Skills: -Skills and abilities needed to complete the above mentioned tasks
Education: BS degree
Skills and Experience:
Education: BS degree
Job Status: Full Time