Production Sanitation Supervisor
?I. Purpose of the Job
Responsible for activities in Production and Sanitation areas to meet production goals, Sanitation goals, quality and cost objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. This position requires direction of separate Production and Sanitation rooms accounting for hourly employees.
?II. Major Duties and Responsibilities
?1. Plan, orgnaize, and delegate work assignments to accommodate departmental schedules and to best utilize manpower and equipment and thereby meeting Production and Sanitation efficiencies and striving for continual improvement within departments.
2. Provide direction to Production and Sanitation personnel and monitor job performance. Communicate with personnel on any schedule changes and assist them in resolving production issues to ensure customer orders are completed on time. Coaching and counseling effectively.
3. Communicate, in a timely manner, with production manager, scheduler, and other management staff status of production progress keeping them appraised of any issues that may impact order completion. Use shift report to detail issues.
4. Ensure product specification are met and alert production manager and quality assurance if product quality is in question immediately. Resolve quality issues through training of personnel and enforcement of standards.
5. Knowledgeable in all cleaning, processes and equipment functions, tracks and resolves labor timekeeping issues. Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of area. CIP knowledge needs to be expert level.
6. Develop and implement job specific training to all employees, ensure overall conformance with all Company policies, Good Manufacturing Practices, and housekeeping. Enforce company Policies on attendance, company rules and job requirements.
7. Is an advocate of safety within the facility and follows, and enforces all safety procedures. Can properly investigate accidents, close call near misses and determine corrective action to prevent accidents. Safety is the number 1 priority.
8. Evaluate and update the Sanitation Department procedure, SOP's, and Master Sanitation Scheduler to reflect changes in equipment design, new equipment, or changes in the cleaning process. Conduct training to reflect changes.
9. Participate in cost saving initiatives such as TPM, executing lean manufacturing processes, procedures and tools. Develop and monitor the Sanitation Department labor & supply budget. Monitor daily inventories. Maintain CIP monitor sheet to include posting daily.
10. Keep plant clean and orderly daily. Ensure that the plant is inspection ready at all times. Communicate these expectations to your team. Needs to understand all expectations for SQF, IMS, State and general plant audits.
?III. Scope of the Job
?Provide direction to approximately 40 employees while ensuring production levels, quality requirements, and safety standards are met in area of responsibility.
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Job Status: Full Time