The Packaging Technician / Pharma Mechanic perform routine packaging operations for the production of pharmaceutical products; operates and troubleshoots packaging line equipment according to established SOPs and department procedures.
- Prepares and cleans room, equipment, facility and documents for manufacturing and packaging process
- Verifies calculations, process steps and yield
- Ensures that processes, tools, products, and materials meet established quality standards and requirements
- Notifies management when inventory fails below certain levels
- Assembles, disassembly, set-up, change over, operation and preventative maintenance on ALL pharmaceutical packaging equipment[PD1]
- Need to be able to troubleshoot the packaging line and processing issues.
- Makes adjustments as required to pharmaceutical packaging equipment during the operation.
- Examines sample of finished product per batch record instructions for conformance with specifications
- Notifies supervisor of manufacturing/packaging deviations and assists with proper resolution/documentation
- Documents manufacturing and packaging steps and ensures documentation is complete and current to process step
- Moves product to, from, and within production area
- Willing to work overtime (extended shifts and weekends) as needed
- Performs cGMP manufacturing operations utilizing SOPs, Batch Records, and Form Preps
- Advanced equipment knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Performs other duties as assigned
Direction Received: Light direction that requires only general instruction to begin assigned duties and work is reviewed after completion
Analytical Requirements: There is a choice of standard procedures
Decisions and Judgment: No authority to commit the organization in negotiations or with respect to finances
Initiative: Work is repetitive and well covered by instruction
A High School Diploma and 10 to 15 years’ relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical, food, manufacturing, biotech or healthcare industry, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Job Status: Full Time