Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations
- Issue timely and complete plant financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Assist with the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Perform audits of bills of materials to ensure product costs are accurate and accounted for properly. Report audit results monthly.
- Ensure timely and accurate input of bill of material and price code changes.
- Ensure bill of material and costing accurately reflect production operations.
- Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, distribution cost, returns and inventory levels.
- Analyze potential excess and obsolete inventory items monthly. Reconcile all inter-company accounts monthly. Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded and results are accurately reported.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Work with plant personnel on cost savings.
- Help manage inventory for the plants.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university.
- Requires the strong organizational and time-management skills with good attention to detail and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
- Must have the good problem solving skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, areas, circumference and volume
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Demonstrated excellence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point), experience with Google Suite, accounting software, accounts payable, general ledger, inventory, and manufacturing software.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with information.