Laboratory Technician- Microbiology
Have you ever wondered?
- What makes orange soda, orange?
- How long can my fast food burger really sit out before it spoils?
Or maybe something more serious:
- How can I keep myself safe from food borne illness?
- How can I trust the Nutrition Labels and expiration dates on the food that I eat?
If you’ve asked yourself any of these questions, we want YOU!!!
We are dedicated to improving food safety and quality though nutritional research, scientific excellence, and innovation at every step of the food supply chain. Our team of scientists and technicians is committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty, personal integrity, and confidentiality. NO PREVIOUS LABORATORY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
We are dedicated to creating a culture of safety, customer excellence, feedback and innovation. We demonstrate our commitment to the health of our employees by offering all full-time employees a full complement of medical, dental and vision coverage as well as competitive 401k match.
The Laboratory Technician we are looking for has
- The ability to work collaboratively, as a member of a team, to achieve a common goal
- A desire to protect themselves, their friends and family, and the entire world from illness caused by foodborne pathogens
- The flexibility and productivity to work in a fast paced, often varied environment
- A strong sense of pride in achieving accurate, timely, and consistent results in their work
- Work as a member of a team to prepare food samples for testing
- Carry out a number of procedures including reading test labels and preparing samples for analysis by recording, weighing and blending
- Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed
- Set up and sterilizing equipment needed for analysis of food samples
- Work closely with other team members and with the support of a department supervisor
- Perform other related tasks as needed
Job Status: Full Time