Investigate the growth, structure, development, and other characteristics of microscopic organisms, such as bacteria, algae, or fungi.
- Isolate and make cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms in prescribed media, controlling moisture, aeration, temperature, and nutrition.
- Perform tests on water, food and the environment to detect harmful microorganisms and to obtain information about sources of pollution and contamination.
- Examine physiological, morphological, and cultural characteristics, using microscope, to identify and classify microorganisms in human, water, and food specimens.
- Prepare technical reports and recommendations based upon research outcomes.
- Identify the structure and function of human, animal and plant tissues, cells, pathogens and toxins.
BS Degree in Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry, Food Science or related biological science.
Industry experience in a laboratory setting preferred.
Job Status: Full Time