Essential Job Responsibilities
· Trouble shoot and repair daily mechanical and electrical issues on company equipment (CNC machines, staple guns, drills, routers, hand tools etc.) Maintain hands on approach to all maintenance work.
· Manage and document preventative and emergency maintenance services for all building systems and equipment including electrical, HVAC, fire protection, plumbing, company vehicles, overhead doors, docks, generators, UPS’s, landscaping, snow removal, furniture and storm water systems.
· Identify projects and maintenance needs in support of continuous facility improvement, and make recommendations.
· Place orders for spare parts and equipment for replacement and ascertaining the proper documentation of the same.
· Perform a variety of work including but not limited to carpentry, electrical, plumbing, painting, grounds repair, office services, security and related maintenance activities.
· Efficiently manage time to complete projects, maintenance requests and repairs.
· Coordinate with all department managers, supervisors and operators on equipment performance and maintenance requirements. Recommend and implement changes to improve productivity, and plant layout.
· Participate in production, safety and other planning meetings as required.
· Complying with all company policies and procedures, and the Occupational Safety and health administration rules (OSHA) while carrying out maintenance functions.
· Responsible for emergency action management regarding weather, fire protection, sprinkler system knowledge, communication with necessary parties.
· Prepare reports and records as necessary to document departmental activities undertaken in the facility and/or provide information to other management personnel.
· Other related duties as may be assigned.
· Associate’s degree or college coursework in industrial relations, mechanic training, and/or trade school degree
· 5+ years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing or distribution center environment with knowledge and exposure to: basic blueprint reading, general equipment repair and operations, commercial electrical, plumbing, HVAC and fire systems, and their maintenance and operating basic hand and power tools
· 1-3 years management experience
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (SKA) Required:
· Excellent troubleshooting skills, creative problem solver
· Strong mechanic knowledge of CNC machines and power tools
· Effectively communicate (written and verbally) with peers, management, employees, contractors and vendors at all levels of the business
· Exceptional time management and prioritizing skills
· Thorough knowledge of production processes and required machines
· Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word required.
· Must be able to read and interpret work orders and blueprints
· Detail-oriented and self-directed to manage and prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and activities
Directly supervise the maintenance function. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; enforce safety policies and procedures; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Travel is minimal, but may be required for training purposes. Occasional exposed to a variety of extreme conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, talk, sit, hear, use hands and fingers; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; lift with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift and move up to 50 pounds or more. Occasional pushing and pulling of objects that are 25 pounds or heavier. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, start times can vary from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and end times are between 2:30 to 5:00pm. Position requires ability to work during nonstandard hours when the need arises. Flexible to respond to after-hours emergencies, to start early and/or stay late, including occasional weekend projects.
Job Status: Full Time