1. The CNC/NC Machine Operator A is responsible for the manufacture of parts per plant specifications in an accurate and timely manner utilizing manual and CNC machine centers.
2. Consistently able to design and develop accurate programs in a timely manner.
3. Reliably able to run both new and repetitive jobs effectively.
4. Set-up, check programs and operates numerically controlled machine tools and/or CNC machining equipment to perform a complex series of progressive machining operations to meet precise tolerance and finish requirements. Requires the ability to operate multiple machines simultaneously.
5. Understands program format and fixturing. Able to arrange, mount and secure work piece in absence of fixturing.
6. Set stops: calibrates fixturing to appropriate reference points. Installs programs and/or cards in consoles reader and correlates machine position with controls. Manually cycles machine through an operation sequence to check fixture and work positions, tooling, clearances, speeds, feeds, etc. Adjusts machine or console to correct deviations from program specifications.
7.Recognizes reports and corrects errors. Recommends tooling and operational sequence to assist in developing practical programming for new and unusual machining requirements. May set-up for instruct machine operators of lower classification. Able to troubleshoot and diagnose operating difficulties and make adjustments. Works from detailed and involved part drawings and specifications. Uses a variety of precise measuring instruments.
1. Requires 5-7 years of machinist experience.
2. Requires mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and perform geometric, algebraic and trigometric calculations.
3. Requires accredited apprenticeship or equivalent training together with considerable experience in machine shop practices and techniques plus additional training to acquire a working knowledge of programming numerically controlled machine tools or CNC machining equipment and operations.
4. Must be able to perform metric conversations.
5. Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact and cross-train with employees.
6. Must be able to read and understand blueprints, specifications, and routings.
7. Requires G&M code experience. Experience on conversational controls a plus.
8. Must be able to calculate own feeds and speeds.
9. Must be able to show good understanding on geometric tolerancing.
All other duties as assigned.
Job Status: Full Time