Investigate the growth, structure, development, and other characteristics of microscopic organisms, such as bacteria, algae, or fungi.
- Isolate and make cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms in prescribed media, controlling moisture, aeration, temperature, and nutrition.
- Perform tests on water, food and the environment to detect harmful microorganisms and to obtain information about sources of pollution and contamination.
- Examine physiological, morphological, and cultural characteristics, using microscope, to identify and classify microorganisms in human, water, and food specimens.
- Prepare technical reports and recommendations based upon research outcomes.
- Identify the structure and function of human, animal and plant tissues, cells, pathogens and toxins.
- responsible for performing bio-analytical methods (immunological, in vivo, microbiological, molecular biological, or virological) on raw materials, in-process, release or stability samples in compliance with 9CFR, EU and VICH regulatory guidelines.
- Initiate, execute and complete assays as per validated procedures and within Quality and Compliance guidelines.
- Responsible for timely communication with supervisors to inform them of testing, compliance and/or scheduling issues, adhering to company policies, maintaining a safe work environment.
BS Degree in Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry, Food Science or related biological science.
Industry experience in a laboratory setting preferred.
Job Status: Full Time