Financial Analyst (Manufacturing)
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provide management with timely and accurate monthly inventory valuations, COGS, margin analysis and related reports.
NATURE & SCOPE: The incumbent will provide information that will serve as the basis for understanding the financial performance of the company, with strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the company. Thorough documentation of all work is expected, as well as a strong presence on the shop floor to fully understand processes. This job is 75% analysis & 25% transactional.
REPORTS TO: Cost Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Identify, understand and document variances between actual and expected cost of sales (purchase price variances, material usage, labor efficiencies, etc.).
2. Analyze margins, aggregating from SKU level up to various reporting levels.
3. Contribute to the development of expected material & labor usage and expanded cost factors.
4. Present various reports, results and analysis to management.
5. Assist cost manager in ad-hoc cost analysis, costing of new parts, and annual standard setting.
6. Determine the value of the company’s EOM position in inventory and produce supporting journal entries, accruals, scrap reporting and samples reporting.
7. Verify the accuracy of end-of-month (EOM) inventory counts provided by production by reviewing purchasing and manufacturing activities. Initiate recounts and procedural changes as needed. This requires spending time on the manufacturing floor.
8. Assist with other duties, projects and ad-hoc analysis as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree in finance or accounting
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years finance/accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES: This job requires high attention to detail, accuracy, problem solving skills and a desire to be thorough.The candidate must have a working knowledge of accounting principles, as well as a knowledge of business practices and their interrelationships.They also must be familiar with Excel. Requires time on the production floor; must be comfortable in a manufacturing environment. Should be comfortable presenting data & analysis to upper management, with the interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED: Computer with various software programs and standard office equipment.
Job Status: Full Time