RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Perform process and set-up operations for injection molders and related production equipment. Repair as needed. Advise supervisor of any major issues.
2. Perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting of all manufacturing and related production equipment. Repair as needed. Advise supervisor of major issues.
3. Perform all building, grounds and structural maintenance activities as required.
4. Perform welding, plumbing, hydraulics, and electrical activities as required.
5. Assist in the development of production aids. Offer ideas and suggestions for improving production operations.
6. Maintain a neat, orderly and clean department and work environment.
7. Assist with the training of new personnel.
8. Order appropriate supplies/equipment from the most cost-effective source.
9. Be familiar with and follow safety rules and procedures including PPE, emergency procedures and lockout/tag out procedures.
10. Perform overtime and other duties as assigned, i.e. work orders, predictive maintenance, rebuild parts, etc.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Three or more years of previous maintenance and packaging equipment experience is preferred.
& ABILITIES: Mechanical and schematic reading ability. Electrical, plumbing, welding and machine repair experience is preferred. Good verbal communication skills are required. Frequent contacts and discussions are required with all levels of management and employees. Must be able to work under pressure and complete work according to deadlines with minimum supervision. Flexibility, diplomacy and initiative are necessary. Basic math skills are required and basic computer skills are preferred. Ability to read detailed instructions and keep legible and accurate records is required along with good organizational skills. Teamwork is necessary.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED: Hand and power tools, welding equipment, forklift, electrical test devices, computer and crane.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently/100 pounds occasionally is required.
Job Status: Full Time