The Chemist assists with product formulation, technical service, and support of our manufacturing plants worldwide. In addition, job responsibilities may include analyzing products under a GLP/ISO system, assisting in maintaining an ISO-compliant lab, and helping maintain manufacturing documentation.
- Conduct formulation work and physical and chemical stability tests for assigned projects.
- Assist with testing for technical service and manufacturing support. Follow up with plant and field personnel to ensure that problems get resolved.
- Use and help maintain laboratory equipment: HPLC, IC, UV-VIS spectrophotometer, FTIR, autotitrators.
- Perform calibration checks and schedule routine maintenance for GLP laboratory equipment.
- Help create and maintain formula and raw material documents.
- Occasional travel may be required.
REQUIRED SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
- Motivated self-starter who can work independently, yet function as part of a team
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple types of tasks and responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
- B.S./B.A. in Chemistry or related field
- 5-10 years of experience in a laboratory environment
- Experience working in technical service and/or manufacturing support is preferred
- Experience in formulation is a plus, especially related to antimicrobial and/or cleaning products
- Previous experience working under GLP/ISO compliance is a plus
- Understanding of lab safety and the ability to work safely with chemicals required
Job Status: Full Time