This role will be responsible for establishing an active program to obtain, maintain and utilize external locations in order to test rodent food products. The candidate will be required to employ sound scientific practices, study design and data collection in a non-laboratory environment under both GLP and non-GLP field-based environments. Those with rigorous scientific training but would rather spend time outside than in a laboratory are encouraged to apply.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Perform outreach with homeowners, municipal leaders and businesses to gain access to a dynamic portfolio of rodent infested locations.
2. Establish relevant testing protocols, perform data collection and data analyses to provide product performance insights to formulation team.
3. Ensure the accurate collection of data using established data collection and reporting mechanisms.
4. Collect data in product performance and toxicology studies in strict conformity to established GLP regulations.
5. Perform non-GLP, vendor validation, competitor evaluation, and quality control testing to ensure compliance with established standards.
6. Independently and safely drive to infested locations to perform testing.
7. Spend at least 50% of time performing field studies (starting and returning to office daily-no overnight travel).
8. Additional duties as required
* Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biology, wildlife ecology, or related scientific discipline
* Prior experience performing wildlife studies is preferred
* comfortable in engaging people is required
* a demonstrated scientific ability is crucial
* knowledge of and ability to perform statistical analysis would be a strong advantage
Skills / Ability:
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
* Proficiency in Microsoft® Office and willing to learn software programs as needed
Job Status: Full Time