The Analytical Chemist's primary purpose is to safely conduct routine and specialized chemical
analysis, while precisely following written work instructions (test methods) in order to generate accurate and
timely results. The data generated will be legibly documented and will primarily support production needs.
Essential Functions of the Analytical Chemist
- Conduct routine analytical chemical testing on products submitted to the lab, this includes analysis of raw material, in process batches and finished goods or bulk samples.
- Conducts specialized analytical testing as directed by the Laboratory Manager, in support of development projects, new products, method troubleshooting or as part of Out-of Specification investigations. Properly documents all results according to Standard Operating Procedure and Work Instructions, and reviews the rework of other laboratory personnel as required.
- Learns all aspects of laboratory instrumentation, gas chromatography (GC), High Pressure Liquid
- Chromatography (HPLC), UV/Visible Spectrophotometry and FTIR. Will have the ability to troubleshoot these instruments and perform routine preventative maintenance.
- Conducts analytical work in support of cleaning validations and engineering trials
- Performs other assignments as requested by the Lab Manager
- Maintain and promote strong work ethics and uphold all KTP policies and procedures
- Requires a bachelor's degree with a strong emphasis on natural science or chemistry.
- Requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business information, journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Must have excellent communications skills (written and verbal) to write reports and findings and present to all levels of management in a clear and concise manner.
- Requires the strong organizational and time-management skills with good attention to detail and ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
- Strong mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference as well as the ability to apply such concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Demonstrated excellence in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point), experience with Google Suite and statistical analysis software.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with information.
Job Status: Full Time