Negotiate pricing and delivery schedules.
Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers in order to facilitate year-on-year cost reductions, supplier redundancy, and consistency of product.
Work closely with manufacturing and all other departments to coordinate component quantities needed on-hand and delivery schedules.
Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers in timely fashion; monitoring and expediting orders. Resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
Authorizes payment for purchases and forward invoice to Accounts Payable.
Provides purchasing planning and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.File and maintain accounting documents accurately and orderly
Miscellaneous office duties including data entry, printing and distributing documents
Other duties as assigned
Education Requirements: Minimum High School Diploma or GED required. 2 year degree in Accounting, Business Admin or related field preferred
- 1 - 2 years accounting and purchasing experience
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices and principles.
- Skill in maintaining accounting or bookkeeping records.
- Strong customer service and people skills
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- High degree of initiative and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
Job Status: Full Time